Town Hall #11: Downhill
Subscribe to Taylor’s Town Hall via email.
Last week I completed a 550-mile bicycle ride. It was hard yet rewarding.
For those who’ve been waiting, my nowify rewrite is officially public! It’s in really rough condition, but I’d love to hear your initial thoughts.
Anyway, I have a lot on my mind, but not much to say. My life is full and wonderful right now. Gravity is an ally when riding downhill.
Feel free to email me if you’ve got any major life updates. Consider sending me the best photo you’ve taken in the last month!
- ☆ Hogwarts had a Cafetorium?
- ☆ they trap you in meetings because you do stupid shit
- i pretended that i didn’t know any better
- ☆ IKEA-Oriented Development
- ☆ 11 Ways to Shave a Yak
- ☆ Weeds & Bozo Explosions
- Nextdoor’s Heisensubscribe (And Other Dark Patterns)
- Put Your Reputation on the Deadline
- Why I Use Elm in 2023
- Self-Host Blog Images in Two Lines of Bash
You may skip to books, images, videos, or music.
You can also scour my entire history of book reviews, album ratings, and active podcasts. You may also want to read about my rating system.
|★★★★☆||COVET :: effloresce|
|★★★☆☆||Swimming With Dolphins :: Water Colours|
|★★★☆☆||Sound of Ceres :: The Twin|
|★★★☆☆||Iglooghost :: Lei Disk 「Radio•Broadcast」|
|★★☆☆☆||Tomggg :: Unbalance - EP|
|★★☆☆☆||The Candlepark Stars :: Shimmer and Gold|
|★★☆☆☆||Redinho :: Finally We’re Alone|
|★★☆☆☆||PeanutsKun :: Walk Through the Stars|
|★★☆☆☆||Machinedrum :: Many Faces|
|★★☆☆☆||Lights :: Little Machines|
|★★☆☆☆||Drive Like Jehu :: Yank Crime|
|★★☆☆☆||Cartel :: Cycles|
|★☆☆☆☆||Feu! Chatterton :: Palais d’argile|
- ☆☆☆☆☆ White Noise by Don DeLillo :: This book produces a cool metanarrative about finding meaning amongst noise. It also made me chuckle in quite a few parts. I really liked the characterization of the main couple; despite its humorous takes, I think the story displays a lot of elements of a realistic healthy relationship. I only read one third of this book, because I’m a bit burnt out on modern/postmodern literature right now. It seems worth another try at some point in the future though.
- ★★★★★ The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck :: This book is a passionate exploration of United States’ culture. It brilliantly covers capitalism, hunger, determination, distance, inequality, crime, family, and xenophobia. I also loved the poetic flourishes littered throughout the story. The world would probably be a kinder place if everybody read this book.
- ★★★★☆ A Swim in a Pond in the Rain by George Saunders :: A collection of engaging short stories with helpful analyses and writing advice. The audiobook is read by an incredible cast: George Saunders, Phylicia Rashad, Nick Offerman, Glenn Close, Keith David, Rainn Wilson, BD Wong, and Renée Elise Goldsberry.
- ★★☆☆☆ The Black Prism by Brent Weeks :: Decent fantasy story with a compelling hard magic system based on the light spectrum.
- ★★☆☆☆ Lucifer’s Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle :: An extraordinary number of people hope for the world to end in their lifetimes.
- ☆ Best of Opossum Lady
- ☆ POV: He fell asleep first at the sleepover 😂😂😂
- ☆ Frank Sinatra sings Lil Jon’s “Get Low” (AI Cover)
- ☆ Country roads let’sa go
- ☆ 1 Hour Of Silence occasionally broken up by Lego Yoda death sound.
- ☆ Metal Pipe Falling in 6 different languages
- ☆ OK Nintendo 64 (Radiohead - OK Computer / N64 Soundfonts)
- ☆ Party in the USSR
- A Day at the Beach: Roaring 20s Footage Restored to Life
- Frog Concert - Slumbering Sounds of the Frog Fellowship (2023) (Comfy Synth, Experimental Synth)
- Squirrel with a Gun - Official Trailer - Summer of Gaming 2023
- Sliding home enlarges with railed-walls, underfloor bed & tub reveal
- No darling, it’s not pomegranate.
- Nickelback and Ray Charles were not supposed to mix this well
- bionicle: choking hazard royale
- Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro Is a Perfect Movie, and Here’s Why
- Tame Impala - The Less I Know the Better (Super Mario 64 Remix)
- I put a bit of wine in it [Original]
- “I’m a Barbie girl” but it’s a three voice fugue! 🎹 🎤 - Josep Castanyer Alonso
- Inside a Breathtaking Desert Mansion That Looks Like A Fossil - Unique Spaces - Architectural Digest
- 10 Hours of Opossums Eating Bananas
- Crash The Car - KNOWER
- eggdog hula hoop
- Why Do Movies Feel So Different Now?
- Louis ck on russia and russian people
- Living in a Work of Art: Inside an Iconic Monolithic Home Designed by Architect Owners (House Tour)
- Harkness Insurance
- every cigarette takes 17 minutes off of your life, every slice of bacon takes 9 minutes