Town Hall #8: Scaling
Subscribe to Taylor’s Town Hall via email.
Last week, plague entered my home like an unwelcome relative.
“It’s been a while, Illness.”
The fog lifts. I see mountains.
I’ll be bicycling 545 miles this June! To support my ride, donate $25 to fight HIV/AIDS.
Outland ambles ever closer! We’ve secured incredible speakers this year. Ask your boss to buy your ticket or sponsor the event.
For the next 30 days, I’ll be focusing on my business venture. If I can’t complete my MVP by May 1, I’ll abandon the dream. Wish me luck!
The air is nice up here.
You may skip to software, books, images, videos, podcast episodes, or music.
You can also scour my entire history of book reviews, album ratings, and active podcasts.
- Apple Music Classical :: Classical music feels like a second-class citizen on most streaming services. The new app is gorgeous and seamlessly picked up my existing classical library.
- Kill the Newsletter :: A simple service to convert email newsletters into RSS feeds. It’s free, so consider donating.
- ★★★★★ A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole :: Nutty Professor meets Don Quixote meets Infinite Jest. A literary landmark ahead of its time.
- ★★☆☆☆ Bridget Jones’s Diary by Helen Fielding :: An endearing read about the difficulties of young adult life and womanhood in the modern era. Contains great tongue-in-cheek commentaries on health, feminism, egotism, and addiction.
- ★★☆☆☆ Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan :: It’s a charming adventure/fantasy story with good characters and cool magic – nothing revolutionary.
- ★ yikes
- waist time
- rare hollywood sign
- shoes off the counter
- neil degrasse DIEson
- pantone typewriter
- it’s called fashion
- ★ This Tiny Island has Insane Traffic
- ★ Moebius-style 3D Rendering | Useless Game Dev
- ★ Beyond Functional Programming: The Verse Programming Language (Simom Peyton Jones)
- when christopher nolan makes a “small” movie
- Dylan drops a literal Nuke
- God, please not Italy or Austria.
- The lower rungs on the economic ladder are gone
- The Future is a Dead Mall - Decentraland and the Metaverse
|★★★★☆||Caroline Polachek :: Pang|
|★★★★☆||Talking Heads :: Talking Heads: 77|
|★★★☆☆||Daphne Loves Derby :: On The Strength Of Everybody Convinced|
|★★★☆☆||Mammal Hands :: Shadow Work|
|★★★☆☆||The Weepies :: Sirens|
|★★☆☆☆||Sleep Token :: This Place Will Become Your Tomb|
|★☆☆☆☆||ZOMBIE-CHANG :: STRESS de STRESS|
|★★★||99% Invisible :: A Whale-Oiled Machine|
|★★★||99% Invisible :: The Wilderness Tool|
|★★★||Cautionary Tales :: La La Land: Galileo’s Warning|
|★★★||Cautionary Tales :: Office Hell: The Demise of the Playful Workspace|
|★★★||Everything Everywhere Daily :: Alcohol in Early America|
|★★★||Everything Everywhere Daily :: Sun Yat-sen|
|★★★||Everything Everywhere Daily :: The Cuban Missile Crisis|
|★★★||Planet Money :: Dude, where’s my streaming TV show?|
|★★★||Radiolab :: Alone Enough|
|★★★||Radiolab :: Apologetical|
|★★★||Radiolab :: Buttons Not Buttons|
|★★★||The Memory Palace :: Mary Walker Would Wear what she Wanted|
|★★☆||99% Invisible :: The Panopticon Effect|
|★★☆||Articles of Interest :: The Clueless Closet|
|★★☆||Conversations with Tyler :: Tom Holland on History, Christianity, and the Value of the Countryside|
|★★☆||Deep Questions with Cal Newport :: The Virality Trap|
|★★☆||Endless Thread :: Pawn Man|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: A Brief History of Paper|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: Chickens|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: Libraries|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: The 1964 Alaska Earthquake|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: The Amazon River|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: The Legend of Harry Houdini|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: The Marginal Revolution|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: The National Park System: America’s Best Idea|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: The Origins of Rock and Roll|
|★★☆||Everything Everywhere Daily :: The Panama Canal|
|★★☆||Freakonomics :: “Insurance Is Sexy.” Discuss.|
|★★☆||Freakonomics :: Why Are There So Many Bad Bosses?|
|★★☆||Imaginary Worlds :: 100 Years of Weird Tales|
|★★☆||Quanta Science Podcast :: How Supergenes Fuel Evolution Despite Harmful Mutations|
|★★☆||Software Unscripted :: Speeding up Rust’s Compiler|
|★★☆||Strong Towns :: Growth Through Destruction|
|★★☆||What’s Your Problem? :: Problems Solved: Drones, Bananas and Real Estate*|
|★★☆||What’s Your Problem? :: Tiny Chips, Giant Stakes|