Check it out on GitHub.
Time-management is hard. So I delegated the hard parts to a computer program.
nowify runs my life.
Every morning, I up start
nowify and it guides me through my day: “what am I
supposed to be doing now?”
nowify counts every second. If I forget about
nowify, it yells at me.
Here’s the general logic:
Prompt the user with the highest priority routine from the queue. Routines
usually occur daily or hourly.
- If “skip” is selected, prompt this routine again in 40 minutes.
- If “done” is selected on a repeated routine, prompt again in 60 minutes.
- If “done” is selected on a non-repeated routine, prompt again tomorrow.
If the routine takes more than
Nminutes, start beeping.
If “not-done” is selected, start the beep timer again in
Because humans change more often than computer programs, there are meta-routines to update the routines:
- “What parts of life have been neglected? Adjust routine priorities.”
- “What routines are frequently being skipped? Ask spouse for advice.”
Very simple. Very effective.